what WE BELIEVE
OUR MISSION AND VISION
Our Mission is:
To transform our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by establishing a church through a relationship with God, one another, and our community.
The church will gather together in unity, worship in Spirit and in Truth, & celebrate the glory of Jesus Christ .
We will be empowered with the Holy Spirit to participate in and advance the Kingdom of God.
We will be discipled and replicate the process in others.
We will win the lost to Christ out in our community and the world through missions, evangelism, service and benevolence.
We will be culturally relevant and clearly communicate the gospel in love, acceptance and truth.
We will Bless the body of Christ in our area working in unity and being a resource for them.
Our Vision is:
To clearly hear the voice of the Lord and to be obedient to what ever it is that He calls each of us as individuals and as a body, to do.
To have our ears, eyes, and heart opened to all of the workings of the Lord
To go beyond our natural abilities and reach a dying world with the love of Jesus and the truth of the Kingdom of God.
To have the flow of the Spirit of God in each believer.
To have the gifting of each believer be fully active.
To see every individual die to themselves and grow to their full potential in Christ.
To tear down any wall the enemy may build, whether it is with an individual or within the body.
To see our church grow to a point where we will have to plant other churches in nearby communities.
To be a training center, a spiritual hospital, and a true sanctuary.
To present the Truth as relevant to today's society and to dispel the lies of the enemy in all regards.
To open a Christian center for the arts so to speak, as an opportunity for evangelism.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
* In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
* In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
* That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
* That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
* That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
* In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
* Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
* In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
* In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
* In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
* Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
* In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
* In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
* In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
We are members of the Church of God of Cleveland, Tenessee
With State Offices in Farmingdale, NY